Alongside the fantastic amount raised, the events also attracted lots of media coverage across Dorset to share the efforts of the local community and also spread the word about how CLIC Sargent supports children and young people with cancer.
Deck the Halls Dorset Christmas countdown
- 1 December - Bucket Collection at Tesco Dorchester
- 2 December - Share your festive pet photos and donate to Bear’s JustGiving page, our very own Cat in a Hat
- 3 December – Scott Symes Wealth Management Ltd, Broadstone Christmas coffee morning
- 4 December – CLIC Sargent Shop, Weymouth late night shopping and gift wrapping stand at Stalbridge Christmas fair
- 5 December - Fernhill Hotel Christmas Fair
- 6 December – Martinstown Fair
- 7 December - Upperdog, Bournemouth Crazy Christmas Jumper Day and Christmas Bake
- 8 December - Rufus, our CLIC Sargent puppy is on sale! Get yours at your local HSamuel or Ernest Jones store.
- 9 December - Our new Christmas pin badge collection is out – the penguin, the pudding and the gingerbread man. Available from our online shop, J D Wetherspoon pubs, branches of Wallis and Wren Kitchens
- 11 December – Broadstone Middle School Christmas Jumper Day and the Bright Blue Day and Amuzo Mince Pie Mingle
- 12 December - Shaftesbury Town Information Centre collection over two days
- 13 December – Barclays House Choir Christmas concert at St Peter’s Church, Parkstone
- 14 December – Local Vocals Choir busk, Dorchester
- 15 December - Rufus, our CLIC Sargent puppy is on sale! Get yours at your local HSamuel or Ernest Jones store.
- 16 December – Weymouth College Crazy Christmas Jumper Day
- 17 December – Seventh Bournemouth Guides carol singing
- 18 December - Christmas Show with carols at Drimpton Village Hall, Beaminster and Hill View Primary School are swapping their uniforms for a Crazy Christmas Jumper Day
- 19 December – Bucket Collection at Tesco Portland
- 20 December - Pulham Church is holding a carol service at 6.30pm, followed by Morris Men and Mince Pies at the Halsey Arms in Dorchester
- 21 December - Our new Christmas pin badge collection is out – the penguin, the pudding and the gingerbread man. Available from J D Wetherspoon pubs, branches of Wallis and Wren Kitchens
- 23 December - Only one day left! Please support CLIC Sargent’s Christmas Appeal. Your gift will fund essential services that many more families like Stephen’s will rely on this Christmas.
Show your support
CLIC Sargent Fundraising Manager Joy Morley said: “I am overwhelmed with the amount raised. I had no idea the very first Deck the Halls Dorset Christmas Countdown would raise such a significant amount of money.
“The efforts and imagination of the local community is admirable and it just shows how much can be done when we all pull together!”