Office and warehouse volunteers
Whether you're in it for the skills development or just want to contribute towards our work, there's nothing quite like volunteering in a CLIC Sargent office or in our warehouse.
Take a look at the roles we have available in our London and Bristol offices or in our Bristol warehouse and complete the form at the bottom of the page to apply. You’ll be working in busy teams who all have their eyes on the ultimate goal, making sure all children and young people with cancer, and their families, receive the support they need, when they need it.
This exciting role will give you an amazing insight into our supporters giving you the opportunity to contact them by post, email and telephone developing your communication skills and understanding of our Fundraising and Supporter Engagement Teams.
What will you be doing?
- Facebook Donate Thanking – Facebook donate is hugely popular and we’re very lucky to have many supporters who donate to us using this method. We need your help to make sure they are all thanked for their donation
- We want to make sure all of our supporters have the resources and materials they need to be able to be the best fundraisers they can be. You’ll be preparing and sending out resource and fundraising packs.
- You’ll be writing good luck and thank you cards to a host of supporters and event participants to help make them feel extra special and supported
- You’ll be helping to keep our inboxes up to date and supporters responded to appropriately.
What are we looking for?
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks
- Good communication skills
- Clear handwriting
- Comfortable using email and Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team and independently when necessary
We’ll make sure you’re fully trained in your tasks and have a proper induction to CLIC Sargent. We’re looking for someone who can come to our office 1 or 2 days per week, Monday – Friday. We’re flexible! Please fill in the form below, selecting the ‘office volunteer’ role.
What you’ll be doing
‘Get in Character’ is a unique seven-day eBay auction that CLIC Sargent runs over World Book Day. Our auction will run from 2 March to Sunday 8 March in 2020. The auction gives readers the chance to bid to become a named character in their favourite authors’ books. Alongside this we also offer a high number of signed books and where possible offer personalised inscriptions.
You will be working closely with the online retail team researching popular fiction authors and publishers and building on the current database for approaches for the campaign. Tasks will include:
- Researching successful book bloggers to help promote the campaign on social media
- Maintaining contact information, correspondence and sales information on a master spreadsheet
- Exploring links with the gaming community and the potential for developing characters with local game makers
- Assisting with listings on eBay in the run up to the auction
Who we’re looking for
- Someone interested in and familiar with popular fiction authors, both adult and young adult
- A whizz with IT
- Methodical and interested in researching information
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to record data accurately
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a team
We’ll make sure you’re fully trained in your tasks and have a proper induction to CLIC Sargent.
This role is very flexible either office based or alternatively home working with visits into our office as and when required.
We’d like you to commit to six hours per week at the start of the campaign, building up to 12 hours per week during the launch and exact times and days can be flexible to suit your other commitments.
If you’re interested, please fill in the form below, choosing ‘office volunteer’ from the list of roles.
Our eBay, Amazon and online shops are a really important part of our fundraising. We’re looking for volunteers to be part of our success.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the sorting of stock and items to sell
- Packing and sending out orders to our customers who are supporting CLIC Sargent
- Working as part of a team who are dedicated to excellent and efficient customer service
Our team will make sure you’re fully trained in your tasks and have a proper induction to CLIC Sargent. We’re looking for someone to join us for a morning, afternoon, or full day between Monday and Friday.
Our award winning eBay team are looking for volunteers like you! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced team and are looking for an opportunity to develop writing and marketing skills, this is the role for you.
What will I be doing?
- Researching donated goods to help get the highest price for items (we get lots of collectors’ items!)
- Creating appealing auction listings to maximise interest in items
- Photographing items so they look their best to potential buyers
IT literacy is essential in this role and you’ll be fully trained on use of the eBay store and inducted to CLIC Sargent. You’ll be available to give one morning, afternoon or full day per week, between Monday and Friday.
Our award winning eBay team are looking for volunteers like you! We need packers to help make our eBay service run smoothly and efficiently.
What will I be doing?
- Working in the warehouse part of the office preparing bought items to be sent to customers
- Working as a team to ensure customers receive the correct item in a timely and secure way
In doing this you’ll be providing an excellent customer service which will help customers keep coming back to us. We’ll make sure you’re fully inducted and trained to CLIC Sargent and in your role. You’ll have bundles of enthusiasm and enjoy working as part of a team.
Still not sure?
If you’ve not fallen in love with one of these roles, do not fear! Get in touch with our team letting them know where in the UK you are and if you have an idea of the type of volunteering you want to do. Someone will be in touch to help you decide which role is the right match for you. Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org.