From your home
Our teams are currently all working remotely but that doesn’t mean we aren’t looking for people like you to join our virtual office to gain skills and to help our teams achieve their goals.
Our teams have near perfected working together virtually, with a brilliant chat function, video calls and regular ‘stand up’ meetings you will always feel part of the team. Now more than ever we need passionate volunteers to join our team. Check out the roles we have available below.
Why we need you
We’re making sure that personalised and specialist support is available at a click of a button to young people facing cancer and their loved ones. We have an exciting opportunity on the front line, responding to incoming messages from service users, their friends and their family via our Live Chat app, Instagram and email.
What you’ll be doing
- Using our Live Chat app, email, or telephone to respond to queries in real-time
- Ensuring key data from conversations is recorded in a consistent way.
- We request that you commit to two shifts per week, shifts are 9am-1pm and 1pm-5pm
You will have a level of experience in, or experience of receiving, health and social care support, counselling or the NHS.
You are an excellent listener and communicator, and appreciate that this will be different in a digital setting and have the ability to adapt to that.
You will have a practical and pragmatic approach to finding out information, you’ll be committed to giving correct and timely information to children, young people, and families and loved ones
You’ll have a good awareness of your own limits and know when to ask for support from staff, both on the practical nature of the role and in terms of supporting your own wellbeing
What you’ll get from it
- You’ll be directly contributing to providing specialist support to young people and their loved ones who are facing cancer
- Full training from a dedicated volunteer manager
- Training to use CLIC Sargent systems as well as Safeguarding and GDPR training
- Technical support and guidance from CLIC Sargent Technology teams
- We will pay reasonable expenses on production of a receipt
You’ll be working closely with our Social Workers but from a distance and from your own home. The service we provide is based on professional information and guidance, this is not a befriending or personal advice sharing service
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you. You will need to provide references and complete an enhanced DBS check for this role. Get started by applying below!
Making meaningful connections and partnerships with businesses and organisation, big and small, is one of our key fundraising priorities but we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for volunteers who can put their research skills to use and help us to identify and connect with potential partners in their area.
This role can be done from your home at a pace that suits your other commitments. In many cases you’ll get to work alongside our Fundraising Engagement Managers to collate information and make approaches to organisations using the latest information from our service delivery teams.
What you will be doing:
- Use your local knowledge and research skills to build a list of potential supporting groups, organisations and businesses, as well as larger companies based in in your area
- Researching current Charity of the Year partnerships and finding out when they renew
- Seeking out Community or Charity Champions for businesses
- Possibility to prepare approaches to businesses to help kick start a future relationship
We will ensure that you receive the right training and support for you to feel confident in your role.