We dare you to do something you’ve never done before. Once you’ve hit your fundraising target for young cancer patients, it’s your time to shine.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trek
When: Thursday 18 June 2020
Where: Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest freestanding mountain in the world and also the highest mountain on the African continent at 5896m, is a magnet for trekkers and climbers the world over and one of the most impressive treks charity events can offer. Scale this mighty mountain and help raise funds for young lives against cancer.
This is a tough trek in the world of charity challenge events and takes us along the beautiful Machame route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the south, allowing gradual acclimatisation to the altitude and an excellent chance of reaching the summit. A tough but spectacularly rewarding route. On reaching the summit you will feel a sense of overwhelming achievement, a truly unforgettable charity challenge.
- Trekking 5,895m, way above the cloud line.
- Conquering the highest free standing mountain in the World
- Reaching the summit by moonlight and watching the sunrise.
To find out more, read or download the events brochure:
Join Team Young Lives
Registration for this challenge is £399. After you’ve registered just choose from one of the following funding options:
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £4,538 in sponsorship for children and young people with cancer.
- Self fund the challenge by paying the balance of £2,269 yourself. We kindly ask you to raise as much sponsorship as you can.
Please note, for both options you will also be required to pay an airport tax of £250.
We have various dates to choose from:
- 17 – 27 June 2021
- 16 – 26 September 2021
For alternative dates, please visit the official Global Adventure Challenges website.
We’re here for you
When you take on a challenge for us, we tailor our fundraising and training support specifically to you. Tell us what you need and we’ll get on it. By joining Team Young Lives, you’re helping to make a difference for children and young people with cancer. The least we can do is show you how much we appreciate it.
- You’ll have free access to our online training zone
- We’ll send you a snazzy CLIC Sargent t-shirt
- We’ll shower you with advice, ideas and materials to get the money rolling in, and if you ever need us we’re only a phone call away.
Find out more
If you have any questions or would like any more information please contact our Events team on 0845 602 4770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about event location
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Mount Kilimanjaro, TanzaniaGet directions
With roaring crowds and a fantastic atmosphere, the Brighton Marathon is one of Europe’s favourite 26.2 miles. Do something amazing - run the Brighton Marathon for...
Brighton BN2 1TW, UK