Teams of four to six swimmers, of all ages and abilities are invited to enter the Swimarathon event, which sees participants swimming to complete as many lengths as they can in 45 minutes, with only one person in the water at any time.
How to enter
The 2018 Swimarathon is kindly supported by Bury Free Press, Abbeycroft Leisure, Thomas Ridley, CML and Sheridans.
- Each team has four to six members, with an adult responsible as captain/teamorganiserRelay swimming for 45 minutes to complete as many lengths as possible
- Competent swimmers of all abilities welcome
- Supporters welcome to attend
- Each swimmer receives certificate, medal and Rotary bag
- Rotary embossed certificates for the business team that completes the most lengths and for the school pupil team that raises the most sponsorship
- Organisers ask swimmers to raise sponsorship, but there is no minimum amount. Download your Swimarathon sponsorship form.
- Recommended sponsorship per length swum by team
- Rotary Club members will record the number of lengths swum
CLIC Sargent Fundraising Manager Emma Taylor said: “We like to say a huge thank you to Bury St Edmunds Rotary for once again supporting us with this fantastic annual event!
"We are looking for swimmers to help make this the biggest and best Swimarathon yet! We really want everyone to get involved, so sign your team up today!”