- CLIC Sargent respects your privacy and values the trust you place in us when giving personal information. CLIC Sargent fully complies with all provisions of the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998
- In compliance with the provisions and principles of the DPA, CLIC Sargent will not pass on information to a third party without your consent, or except where there is a legal requirement to do so.
- Information you give CLIC Sargent will only be used for the purpose of providing you with the services you require and to monitor our performance.
- We have strict security measures to protect personal data and information will only be shared within the organisation on a 'need to know' basis to deliver and monitor services to you.
- All records (electronic and paper) will be stored securely.
- All CLIC Sargent records, other than Local Authority files, remain the property of CLIC Sargent. Local Authority files are not the property of CLIC Sargent and are subject ot Local Auothority procedures.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, applications can be made to the DP Co-Coordinator at CLIC Sargent, to gain access to all such personal CLIC Sargent records.
- Under the Access to Health Records Act 1990, for Local Authority subnect access, any release of clinical details has to be authorised by the responsible healthcare professional. This may be withheld where its believed that the release of information to the subject may result in damage to the physical or menal health of the data subject, or where a third party might be identified by such release.
- All CLIC Sargent employees and specifically those with access to data are contractually obliged to maintain confidentiality of personal and sensitive data.