Commitment to address ethical issues
We actively seek opportunities to work together with external organisations to achieve shared objectives. However, it is vital that we maintain our independence and do not allow external partnerships to bring the name of CLIC Sargent into disrepute.
CLIC Sargent therefore seeks, so far as is practical and within the constraints of UK law:
Initiatives that do not compromise the independent status of CLIC Sargent
To ensure that the activities of organisations we work with are consistent with our organisational values
This policy has been devised to ensure clarity and openness to all our stakeholders. It is designed to address sponsorship, “cause” related marketing and purchasing. We welcome comments, criticism and suggestions as to how these goals can be met.
Partnerships with companies involved with any of the following activities will be avoided:
- Tobacco manufacture
- Nuclear weapons systems manufacture
- Companies generating revenue from the sale of pornography
Cause Related Marketing, Affinity Marketing and Product Endorsement
- CLIC Sargent does not endorse or approve products or companies. A statement to this effect will be included alongside any branding or promotion associated with products
- CLIC Sargent will not promote any products knowingly linked to childhood cancer unless published research is proven to have benefits.
- Only CLIC Sargent will have direct access to our database
- In order to ensure that all of our cause related, promotion reflects our charities values any endorsement of products must come to the senior management meeting for approval.
CLIC Sargent seeks to purchase goods and services which are produced and delivered under conditions that do not involve the abuse or exploitation of any persons:
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
CLIC Sargent expects suppliers to accept responsibility for labour and environmental conditions under which products are made and services are provided and to make written statement of intent regarding the company’s policy.
A full list of corporate sponsors giving over £10,000 will be maintained on our website. CLIC Sargent will communicate its commitment to this policy to the organisation’s stakeholders.