About Paul’s House
Paul’s House, Belfast can accommodate four families and has been at near full occupancy since opening five months ago.
Families can stay for free at Paul’s House whilst their child is being treated at the children’s hospital or Belfast City Hospital.
We have had some distinguished people visiting the home, such as the former Lord Mayor of Belfast and Calvin Elfring, ice hockey player.
Pictured is Alexandra Johnston who has been supported by CLIC Sargent.
Paul’s House isn’t just bricks and mortar, it is a support mechanism to help families to cope from day to day. Our aim is to ensure that life goes on as normally as it can for all the families who stay.
Feedback and comments
Here are some comments from families who have stayed at the home:
Our family has been able to stay together as a unit, taking the pressure off us and reassuring siblings
- "Amazing facility and so close to the hospital"
- "It is so reassuring to be so close to your child during treatment"
- "Everything we needed was provided"
- "Amazing facility – absolute lifeline"
- "Friendships with other families have been established"
- "The atmosphere is so friendly and so caring, making us feel so welcome"
- "Very comforting/safe environment"
- "Don’t know how we would have coped without Paul’s House"
Find out more
To find out how you can support the Northern Ireland Homes from Home appeal, please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.