Setting up a Remember Me Fund provides a lasting tribute to a loved one.
Why set up a Remember Me fund?
Everyone is different, but some people want to do something positive in a difficult situation.
Some families find that friends and other family members want to show their support in a practical way. This can mean fundraising for a good cause in your loved one’s name, so that’s why we created our Remember Me funds.
Together with friends and family, you can make a real difference in memory of your loved one. Today, CLIC Sargent can only support two out of three young people and their families who need us. You can help us to be there for more of them.
How does it work?
A Remember Me fund is named after your loved one. The donations received are kept together as one collective total in their memory on your online fundraising page, along with messages from friends and family.
Who can set up a Remember Me fund?
A friend or family member that has lost a loved one and would like to set up a lasting tribute.
- Decide on a name for your fund, for example ‘The David Smith Fund’
- Register for a Remember Me fund online or by calling our supporter care team on 0300330 0803
- We’ll set up your fund, along with online fundraising pages
- You can personalise your online fundraising pages with photos and your own words
- Tell friends and family about your fund
- They can make donations and leave messages on your online fundraising page, or they can do their own fundraising
- Your online fundraising page is your place to share memories and keep a collective total of how much has been raised in your loved one’s name so CLIC Sargent can help families who need us
- You can fundraise in the way that suits you, from taking part in a CLIC Sargent event, run or challenge, to organising your own event (big or small) or making a donation on a special date.
What support do I receive?
The fund is yours to use in the way that’s right for you. There’s no pressure and we’ll be there if you need us. Here’s an idea of some of the support we can provide:
- A welcome pack full of advice, ideas and materials to help your fundraising
- Your local Fundraising Manager will be on hand when you need them to support and advise you
- On-going updates on how much you’ve raised, and the difference it has made.
Remember, any donations made, from any type of fundraising can be allocated to your fund.