Supporters in the Cotswolds and the surrounding area geared up for Christmas with a variety of festive fundraising events, raising a combined total of £9,631 for children and young people with cancer.
Highlights of the Cotswolds Christmas countdown
- 5 December - The Chedworth Silver Band performed a fabulous Christmas concert at the Royal British Legion Hall in Bourton on the Water.
- 12 December - Seven Up Netball Christmas Fayre at Spartans Rugby Club, Gloucester
- 18 December - Severn Vale Housing Association, Ashchurch held a Christmas jumper day and bake sale
- 18 December - Guinness Hermitage, Gloucester donned their Christmas jumpers and had a bake sale
- 18 December - Treetops Nursery, Gloucester held a Christmas jumper day and indulged in some delicious cakes
- 22 December - Carol singing and collecting at Waitrose, Cheltenham
- 23 December - CLIC Sargent Oxford services party at John Radcliffe Hospital.
- 24 December - Wotton Under Edge carol singing
CLIC Sargent Fundraising Manager Caroline Marshall said: “I am amazed by all of the fantastic fundraising in the Cotswolds this Christmas period.
“It was brilliant to see so many fun ways for the communities to come together and I am very grateful for all the wonderful donations in the area supporting young cancer patients and their families.”