The South Coast Challenge incorporates some of England's finest scenery. Grab your boots or trainers and walk, run or jog the 23k, 50k, or 100k route for children and young people with cancer.
An Eastbourne start, up the infamous Beachy Head, through the Seven Sisters Country Park and along the South Downs Way. A Brighton midpoint, Devils Dyke, stunning views, sunset and sunrise all lie ahead before the Cathedral spire of historic Arundel comes into view and a welcome finish line after 100k and an amazing personal journey.
Most of the 2,000 challengers will be walking at their own pace, many will jog parts, and some will run the whole course. However you take it on, you'll be supported through day and night and rewarded with an overwhelming sense of achievement.
Push yourself in 2017 - get in shape - join us for a real challenge and an unforgettable bank holiday weekend.
There are various distances to choose from:
- Full 100k challenge from Eastbourne to Arundel - as a continuous event starting Saturday morning
- Full 100k challenge – over two days – starting Saturday morning and then early on Sunday too
- First half 50k challenge – from Eastbourne to Hove – taking place Saturday 26 August
- Second half 50k challenge – from Hove to Arundel – taking place Saturday 26 August
- First quarter challenge (23k) – from Easbourne to Alfriston – setting off Saturday morning
Your determination and stamina will be tested but there’s no doubt you’ll cross the finish line feeling great in the knowledge that you’re helping children and young people with cancer, and their families.
- Rest stops at 23, 50, and 80k
- Mid-point stops in between (approx. every 12.5k)
- FREE meals, snacks and drinks
- Fully signed route and maps
- Pace walkers, medics, massage
- Medal, t-shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Shuttle buses at finish to station
Join Team CLIC Sargent
By signing up for CLIC Sargent you’ll enjoy a 20% discounted registration fee. Sign up now and commit to raising a minimum sponsorship target, all in aid of our mission to change what it means to be diagnosed with cancer when you’re young.
- £56 registration fee (normally £70)
- £395 minimum sponsorship target
- £40 registration fee (normally £50)
- £275 minimum sponsorship target
- £32 registration fee (normally £50)
- £150 minimum sponsorship target
We're here for you
When you take on a challenge for us, we tailor our fundraising and training support specifically to you. Tell us what you need and we’ll get on it. By joining Team CLIC Sargent, you’re helping to make a difference for children and young people with cancer. The least we can do is show you how much we appreciate it.
- You'll have free access to our new online training zone
- We'll send you a snazzy CLIC Sargent t-shirt
- We’ll shower you with advice, ideas and materials to get the money rolling in, and if you ever need us we’re only a phone call away.
We're an Ultra Series event partner
The Ultra Series consists of five epic challenges in five epic locations and we're delighted to be an official event partner on each event throughout 2017.
Which ever location you choose, you decide whether you walk, jog or run and you have a choice of 25k, 50k and 100k distances which means there really is something for everyone.
Find out more
If you have any questions or simply want to know more about this challenge then get in touch on 0845 124 1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.