The Rotary Club of Bury St Edmunds is pleased to announce the fourth annual swimarathon and is inviting schools, businesses and individuals to sign up to raise money for vital causes, including CLIC Sargent.
Teams of six swimmers, of all ages and abilities are invited to enter the fourth Swimarathon event, which sees participants swimming for 45 minutes to complete as many lengths as possible.
How to enter
To enter your team please download and complete an entry form or to find out more about the Swimarathon, please contact event organiser Robert Davie on 07576 880 822 or email: email@example.com.
The 2017 Swimarathon is kindly supported by Bury Free Press, Abbeycroft Leisure, Thomas Ridley, CML and Sheridans.
- Each team has six members, with an adult responsible as captain/team organiser
- Relay swimming for 45 minutes to complete as many lengths as possible
- Competent swimmers of all abilities welcome
- Supporters welcome to attend
- Each swimmer receives certificate, medal and t-shirt
- Trophy for the business team that completes the most lengths
- Trophy for the school pupil team that raises the most sponsorship
- We ask swimmers to raise sponsorship, but there is no minimum amount
- Recommended sponsorship per length swum by team
- Rotary Club members will record the number of lengths swum
Swimarathon organiser Robert Davie said: “Now is the time to put in to action that New Year's resolution to get fit!
"Come and support us - we are full of admiration for the work of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and CLIC Sargent, which both do wonderful work caring for children with life-threatening conditions across Suffolk."
CLIC Sargent Fundraising Manager Karen Roberts added: “I’d encourage anyone thinking about getting involved to get in touch and find out more.
"There’s no minimum sponsorship amount and every pound raised will make a real difference to the community.”