The Rotary Club of Bury St Edmunds is pleased to announce the third annual swimarathon and is inviting schools, businesses and individuals to sign up to raise money for vital causes, including CLIC Sargent.
Teams of six swimmers, of all ages and abilities are invited to enter the third Swimarathon event, which sees participants swimming for 45 minutes to complete as many lengths as possible.
Jenny Benfield, president of the Rotary Club of Bury St Edmunds, said: “With our 2016 Swimarathon, we have chosen to support two local charities: East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and CLIC Sargent, which both do wonderful work caring for children with life-threatening conditions across Suffolk, as well as our Rotary Charity Fund which supports many local causes.”
How to enter
To enter your team or to find out more about the Swimarathon event contact event organiser Robert Davie on 01284 766 318 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2016 Swimarathon is kindly supported by Abbeycroft Leisure, Thomas Ridley, Bury Free Press, CML and Sheridans.
- Teams are six members, with an adult responsible as captain/team organiser
- Relay swimming for 45 minutes to complete as many lengths as possible
- Competent swimmers of all abilities welcome
- Supporters welcome to attend
- Each swimmer receives certificate, medal and t-shirt
- Trophy for the business team that completes the most lengths
- Trophy for the school pupil team that raises the most sponsorship
- Swimmers raise sponsorship, no minimum amount
- Recommended sponsorship per length swum by team
- Rotary Club members will record the number of lengths swum
CLIC Sargent Fundraising Manager Daisy Turner added: “I’d encourage anyone thinking about getting involved to get in touch and find out more.
"There’s no minimum sponsorship amount and every pound raised will make a real difference to the community.”