CLIC Sargent recognises that every child or young person with cancer has a different experience. A cancer diagnosis also affects the whole family in many different ways, so we take time to listen and understand. Our aim is to help ensure that the whole family receives the support which works best for them.
- We provide clinical, practical and emotional support to children and young people with cancer, and their families
- We give financial support including grants and benefits information to children and young people with cancer to help deal with the financial impact of cancer
- We provide free ‘Home from Home’ accommodation close to specialist hospitals, so that families can be close to their children during treatment
- We provide children, young people and families with a wide range of valuable information on childhood cancer and its impact
- We campaign and influence others to raise awareness of the needs of children and young people with cancer and to improve the support they receive.