If your child, friend or family member is currently receiving treatment or support from CLIC Sargent - or has completed their treatment, you can fundraise together with friends and family towards a special named fund in aid of CLIC Sargent. For young lives, when the doctor says cancer, normal life stops. It’s a devastating experience for the whole family.
Everyone is different, but some people want to do something positive in a difficult situation. Some families find that friends and other family members also want to do something to show their support.
This may mean fundraising, so that’s why we’ve created our Support Me funds.
Using these funds, you can fundraise together with friends and family towards a special named fund in aid of CLIC Sargent. Donations come direct to CLIC Sargent to help children and young people with cancer.
Today, CLIC Sargent can only support two out of three young people and their families who need us. You can help us to be there for more of them.
How does it work?
A Support Me fund is a personalised fund named after the child or young person who is currently receiving treatment or support from CLIC Sargent - or has completed their treatment. The donations received are kept together as one collective total in their memory on your online fundraising page, along with messages from friends and family.
Who can set up a Support Me fund?
A parent, family member or friend of a child or young person who is currently receiving treatment or support from CLIC Sargent - or has completed their treatment.
How do I register?
It’s quick and easy to register for a fund over the telephone or online.
lf you’d like to have a chat about setting up a fund or have any questions, just give us a call on 0845 121 2491 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
- Decide on a name for your fund, for example ‘The David Smith Fund’
- Register for a Support Me fund online or by calling our supporter care team on 0300330 0803
- We’ll set up your fund, along with online fundraising pages
- You can personalise your online fundraising pages with photos and your own words
- Your online fundraising page is your place to share updates and keep a collective total of how much has been raised
- Tell friends and family about your fund. It’s really easy for them to set up their own online fundraising pages too – and all the cash they raise will be added to your fund grand total
- You can fundraise in the way that suits you, from taking part in a CLIC Sargent event, run or challenge, to organising your own event (big or small) or making a donation on a special date.
What support do I receive?
The fund is yours to use in the way that’s right for you. There’s no pressure and we’ll be there if you need us. Here’s an idea of some of the support we can provide:
- A welcome pack full of advice, ideas and materials to help your fundraising
- Your local Fundraising Manager will be on hand when you need them to support and advise you
- On-going updates on how much you’ve raised, and the difference it has made.
- Remember, any donations made, from any type of fundraising can be allocated to your fund.