Practice-a-thon is a musical, singing and dance fundraising event for young performers across the UK to help raise money for children and young people with cancer.
Sing, dance and play
Pupils and young performers can get sponsored to practice for upcoming exams, a show, or put on a Practice-a-thon concert or performance in aid of CLIC Sargent.
They can have fun developing their musical, singing and dancing skills and raise money for children and young people with cancer at the same time.
Have fun and develop skills
This is for all ages and abilities, any instrument and any music, singing or dance style.
Your school or club can even choose to keep 25% of the money you raise. 75% will go to CLIC Sargent to help support children and young people with cancer and their families.
Choose your event
Choose your event - anything that involves music, singing, or dance or maybe all three:
- Sponsored practice - work towards exams or a concert in aid of CLIC Sargent. Ask friends and family to sponsor young performers for taking part.
- Fundraising concert or show – encourage young musicians to organise a class or school concert. You could tie in the event with a Christmas concert or school fete.
- Marathon performances - set an overall time and get playing, singing or dancing. Pupils could even try as many new instruments as possible in a set time.
Register today and you'll receive a free fundraising pack with lots more ideas about how you can take part.
Who can take part?
The event is for everyone, any age, ability and all instrumental, musical, singing and dancing styles. We are encouraging all schools, music, singing and dance classes, choirs, orchestras and groups to get involved.
Practice-a-thon is easy and fun to take part in. Register today to take part and you'll receive all the support you need to put on a successful event.
Downloadable materials include:
- A Practice-a-thon poster - just fill in the event details
- A Practice-a-thon sponsor form
- A fundraising thermometer for young performers to see their fundraising progress
- Guide to fundraising
- Downloadable Gift Aid information poster - to let everyone know why Gift Aid is so important, and to encourage them to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsor form or Gift Aid form.