September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the UK and in many other countries around the world.
CLIC Sargent is using this month to raise awareness of the impact of childhood cancer and of our work supporting young cancer patients and their families.
That was the moment that everything fell apart, I couldn’t believe what was happening.
Noemi, mother of five-year-old Zofeya talking about when her daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Wear your gold ribbon
Every month, thousands of families cope with the devastating impact of a cancer diagnosis and its treatment.
During Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, CLIC Sargent is asking people to wear a gold ribbon to show they are standing by these families when their lives have been turned upside down.
Buy your gold ribbon from mid August from CLIC Sargent's online shop, your local CLIC Sargent charity shop or branches of the supermarket Lidl, fashion retailer Wallis or J D Wetherspoon pubs, throughout September.¹
Show your support
There are lots of other ways for you to get involved to show your support for young cancer patients and their families:
- Text ‘GOLD’ to 70030 to donate £3 to CLIC Sargent. Standard network charges apply*
- ‘Go gold’ for children and young people with cancer, and their families. Organise a fundraising event during September, such as a gold-themed dress down day at work or tea party.
- Sign up to take part in one of our Big Bucket Collections, in venues across the UK in September.
- Email your MP, or representative in the Governments of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and ask them show their support for children with cancer and their families by wearing the gold ribbon during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Please check to see if your MP or representative has already signed up.
- If you live locally to one of our CLIC Sargent charity shops, take part in our ‘Give Gold’ stock appeal.