Thank you to everyone who helped raise awareness of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month this September in support of children and young people with cancer, and their families.
'Going gold' in support
There were lots of ways people showed their support by 'going gold' during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month:
- Thousands of people wore a gold ribbon, including almost 20% of all elected MPs and representatives in the governments of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Gold ribbons can still be purchased from CLIC Sargent's online shop.
- People across the country held Big Bucket Collections during September to raise vital funds.
- Supporters generously donated to CLIC Sargent. We also received five times the number of online donations than last year!
- Iconic buildings and landmarks across the UK took part in Light it up Gold to raise awareness and shine a light on childhood cancer.
- Our CLIC Sargent charity shops received generous donations in the ‘Give Gold’ stock appeal.
- Schools, businesses and people up and down the country held ‘Go gold’ fundraising events.
- MPs and representatives in the Governments of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales signed up to show their support because they received your emails highlighting the importance of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Just knowing CLIC Sargent is there for all those families like they've been there for us is really reassuring.
Noemi, mother of five-year-old Zofeya.
As part of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, families who have been supported by CLIC Sargent, our staff, volunteers and those who raise money to support our work, shared their stories to highlight the many ways CLIC Sargent and our supporters stand by children with cancer.
Find out more
Thank you so much to everyone that helped us raise awareness of the impact of childhood cancer during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and funds to help support children and young people and their families.
To find out more about how you can be involved in next year's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, please call 0845 120 4442.