September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the UK and in many other countries around the world.
CLIC Sargent is using this month to raise awareness of the impact of childhood cancer and of our work supporting young cancer patients and their families.
Cancer totally changes your life. I can’t really remember life before.
Jilly, mum to six-year-old Hunter who’s being treated for leukaemia.
Wear your gold ribbon
Every month, thousands of families cope with the devastating impact of a cancer diagnosis and its treatment.
During Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, CLIC Sargent is asking people to wear a gold ribbon to show they are standing by these families when their lives have been turned upside down.
We’ll shortly be adding details of where you can get your gold ribbon online, or from retailers across the UK.
Show your support
There are lots of ways for you to get involved to show your support for young cancer patients and their families:
- Sign up to take part in one of our Big Bucket Collections, in venues across the UK in September.
- Text ‘GOLD’ to 70030 to donate £3 to CLIC Sargent. Standard network charges apply.
You will be charged £3, plus one message at your standard network rate. 100% of your donation will be received by CLIC Sargent, Registered Charity No: 1107328 and Scotland SC039857. If you have any questions please call 0845 120 4442.
- Email your MP, or representative in the Governments of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and ask them show their support for children with cancer and their families by wearing the gold ribbon during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Please check to see if your MP or representative has already signed up.
- ‘Go gold’ for children and young people with cancer, and their families. Organise a fundraising event during September, such as a gold-themed dress down day at work or tea party
- If you live locally to one of our CLIC Sargent charity shops, take part in our ‘Give Gold’ stock appeal.