A fantastic way to show your support for young cancer patients is to become a life shaver and get sponsored to shave your head.
Here are some simple and effective ways to help make sure your Big Buzz event is a huge success, including fundraising online, text donations and using social media to spread the word about your head shave.
More advice and tips for your head shave are available in The Big Buzz Event Guide.
The easiest way to make your fundraising go further, is to set up an online fundraising page.
Set up in next to no time, it means that you can share your sponsorship page with friends, family and the entire world!
Join the Big Buzz JustGiving fundraising page to create your own online fundraising page, then ask people to donate to your Big Buzz event via email and on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s a simple, fast and free service too and means you can ask your friends and family to donate to your head shave simply by sending a text.
Follow these steps to create your unique text code for your Big Buzz event:
- Log into your JustGiving account
- Click on the ‘My Fundraising’ tab
- Select ‘Edit this page’ against the page you’d like to change the text code for
- Click on ‘Get started with your unique text code’
- Select ‘Personalise your code’
- Choose a four letter and two number code (e.g BUZZ15) and select ‘Save’.
Here are some more handy tips:
Use the hashtag #lifeshaver to share selfies, photographs and videos from your head shave and the story behind your event too.
Include a JustGiving Text to Donate code to make it easy for your friends and family to sponsor your head shave.
Organise a Big Buzz group event
Hold a Big Buzz group head shave in your local pub, at college, university or work and get your friends and family and colleagues to join you in becoming a life shaver.
Together you could raise hundreds and even thousands of pounds to help support children and young people with cancer, and their families!
Use your Big Buzz sponsorship form
By doing this, you can raise an extra 25p on top of every £1 you make.
Promote your event locally
- Use the Big Buzz pre-event press release template before your head shave, telling people about the event, and encouraging to support your event and donate.
- Big Buzz post-event press release template to send a letter after your collection, announcing how much you raised and thanking all those who donated.
Find out more
We wish you all the best with your fundraising event but don’t forget to keep it safe. Please read our safe fundraising guidelines for all the advice you'll need.